the-tree-of-life by olivier-olsen ArtlistArtist Name
00:00 / 03:26
Living Tree Company Hope and Healing Hub
Knowledge and Products to heal your mind, body, and spirit.
Nine Mouth Watering and Simple Dessert Ideas
Simple dessert ideas for Christmas cooking are all around you. You can find them on Pinterest in droves. But, how do you know which ones are good?
Well, if you can find a bunch of variations on one type of dessert, then you probably found the one you want to make. Just look up the recipes and decide on the one that’s easiest for you to make. There are from-scratch recipes as well as partially homemade recipes to choose from.
· Chocolate Fondue – Having a fondue party is a fun idea for any time of the year, but it’s so festive that it fits in perfectly with Christmas. Some families love doing this on Christmas Eve with a good movie.
You can also dip whatever you want into the chocolate, so make lots of dippers for people to try. Hint: buy pre-made dippers and cut them up to make it easier.
· Cake Mix Cookies - These cakes mix cookies are easy to make, festive in appearance, and delicious. That’s all you need in a holiday cookie.
Since it uses cake mix, it’s a soft cookie that almost melts in your mouth. When you put these on the table for dessert, your family will squeal and ooh and aah in delight. Your entire family will love them.
· Yule Log – This wonderful and traditional dessert can be made in a variety of ways. The traditional recipe will blow the entire family away. It’s chocolatey and delicious and beautiful too. You can also make one from a box mixif you prefer.
· Almond Roca – This also makes a great addition to any food-related gifts that you create. A lot of people like to have little bags or tins (you can get them for a buck at the dollar store) of gifts ready for those who drop by for the holidays.
· Trifle – Everyone loves a good trifle. They look so festive and taste so creamy and delicious. There are many recipes for trifles out there. A trifle is a layered dessert typically served in a see-through glass container so that everyone can see the layers.
· Mince Pie – Often called "minced meat" pie, this delicious pie has a combination of fruits, spices, like cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg which we all enjoy during the holidays.
This recipe from The Food Network will cross all the T’s and dot all the I’s for you in a delicious version of mince pie that uses a cornmeal crust.
· Dump Cake – This is a super-easy dessert to make. They call it aDump Cake because you literally dump the ingredients in a pan and bake it. You don’t have to do a lot of prep and you really can’t mess it up.
· Slow Cooker Brownie Pudding – Want a dessert that is not just easy to make but will make everyone warm and happy too?
This Slow Cooker Brownie Pudding is the answer to all your problems with cooking dessert, including having space for it. Add some mint ice cream to make it extra festive.
· Pumpkin Cobbler – This is a wonderful twist on a pumpkin dessert that everyone will love. It’s warm, gooey, pumpkin filled and just simply delicious.
Since it’s made in your slow cooker, it couldn’t be any simpler or tastier than this. Want more pumpkin slow cooker desserts? Just go here.
Making dessert for your Christmas cooking doesn’t have to be hard. You can even go to the store and buy dessert if you prefer. No one is going to notice or care, to be honest. Of course, making desserts at home does have the added benefit of making the house smell very festive, so do give one of these ideas a try.