Coconut Oil Series - Coconut oil VS Hydrogenated Oils: The hard truth
There is a huge difference between virgin coconut oil and the hydrogenated oils sold in supermarkets. Coconut oil is healthy. The commercially sold hydrogenated oils are extremely detrimental and are a silent cause of many health problems such as heart disease, obesity and inflammation.
By consuming foods prepared with these oils, people are digging their graves with their teeth. It may seem harsh… but it is true.
The companies producing these oils are very clever at marketing these oils as “healthy” and clean choices. Nothing could be further from the truth. There is no doubt that the oils look clean and golden.
However, this is a case where “the brighter the picture, the darker the negative”.
Let us look at this in a point-by-point format. It is much easier.
• The seed oils in their natural state are perfectly healthy. However, once they are processed, they quickly become unhealthy.
• These oils are subjected to heat that range from 500 to 1000 degrees under a lot of pressure.
• A metallic catalyst such as nickel or aluminum is added to the oil to aid in the process.
• Consuming these oils thickens your blood and raises your cholesterol levels. Arteries get clogged, blood pressure levels rise, etc. All these are a result of consuming these oils.
• One of the reasons junk food is so bad for health is because of the heavy use of these oils. French fries which are fried in these oils are extremely fattening and unhealthy. It has even been mentioned that one French fry is more detrimental than a cigarette.
A whole new book can be written about the negative consequences of consuming these commercially sold oils. However, what really matters is what action you will take.
Coconut oil is natural and not detrimental like the golden oils sitting quietly on store shelves. It is just as affordable and can be easily substituted in place of the unhealthy oils. All you need to do is make the switch.