the-tree-of-life by olivier-olsen ArtlistArtist Name
00:00 / 03:26
Living Tree Company Hope and Healing Hub
Knowledge and Products to heal your mind, body, and spirit.
7 Appetizers & Snacks for Your Holiday Feast
Did you know that for some of the holiday, you could simply set out snacks and appetizers versus a full-on meal? Most people love snacking during the holiday.
Snacking is a great way to try different flavors without making a full-on commitment.
· Triscuits Snack Ideas – While a lot of Martha Stewart's ideas are time intensive, these snacks aren’t hard and use a lot of leftovers to help make them really holiday worthy.
You can also just put some tomato sauce, turkey pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese on a Triscuit and bake in the oven until the cheese melts.
· Crescent Roll Ideas – You know what a crescent roll is, but did you know that you can make all sorts of holiday appetizers and snacks that your family will absolutely love and come back for more? Since it’s made with pre-made ingredients, it’s super simple.
· Sausage Balls – This is almost a tradition in some parts of the country. Plus, they’re super-easy to make using the Bisquick Sausage Ball recipe. You can use hot sausage to make them spicy or you can use only mild if you prefer. You can also experiment with different types of cheese.
· Cheese and Meat Tray – This is a super-easy way to put out snacks and appetizers for the holidays. Just put a variety of cheese, meats, fruit, chutney, bread, and crackers on a tray.
You can decorate it in any way you want, including making your food into the shape of a Christmas tree.
· Cheese Balls – Making a cheese ball is simple. You literally just put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together, then form into the shape you desire and refrigerate.
It makes cheese more festive and imparts all kinds of flavors depending on the recipe you use. Try these cheese ball recipes from Delish.com to get started.
· Deviled Eggs – There are so many ways to make this classic recipe, but mostly it starts with boiled eggs.
You take the yellow part of the egg and mix it with different ingredients to make a filling.This recipe is interesting because you color your boiled egg-white to be holiday colors, making it extra festive.
· Salad – Yes, you can create a delicious salad as a snack or appetizer, because sometimes people want a break from heavy meals even though they are still hungry.
· Apples and Date Dip – This is super-easy. You really don’t need a recipe, although we’ll link to one here. It’s just soaked, pitted dates, blended with water until it’s the smooth consistency you desire for dipping and then sliced apples.
You can also add cinnamon to the date dip to give it more holiday flavor. This really is healthy and tastes like caramel. Your guests will be amazed. Hint: If you don’t have a high-speed blender, soak your dates for a few hours before blending.
Hopefully, these snacks and appetizer ideas will get you started thinking about what you’re going to make. Always consider how fast it is to make, including how you’ll store it. Usually, during the holidays you already have a lot of food stuffed into the fridge, so make sure you plan.