Do This Next
“Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing.” – Oscar Wilde
The power of living in the now has many benefits. Learning how to implement these techniques in your daily life brings those benefits up front. Wherever you are and whatever you are doing, try to be in the moment.
Let go of the past. Much of the mental noise that keeps us from living in the moment concerns what we did, said, happened or should have done in the past or what we want, plan, worry about or fear in the future. Make it a point to focus solely on the now as much as possible.
When you feel yourself getting stuck in the same old routine or are in fear of the past or what might be, ask yourself these questions:
• Do you enjoy your work? Do you focus on getting it finished too much to enjoy it?
• Are you stressed trying to do your best?
• Are you distracted by work and don’t spend weekends with your family?
• Are you stressing over regrets of the past that you miss opportunities in the present?
• Do others’ opinions stop you from being genuine?
• Do you feel stressed and anxious all the time?
When you are absorbed in the now your mind becomes peaceful and life becomes enjoyable.